Wednesday 14 April 2010

Stitched up ...

Third time lucky !

After two postponements, the operation went ahead and they found the same problem as last time in the other knee. I had a "substantial" tear in the medial meniscus which will have been trimmed. I will see the pictures at the post-op checkup, scheduled for Thursday 29th.

Relaxing above, having just arrived home from the hospital and complete with labels, patches and the rather high tech 'this knee' message and comedy arrow on the faulty leg ! Nothing left to chance and no expense spared with the NHS.

All that is left to do now is behave myself for a while, do my exercises and hope to be back on my feet soon. I have to say that it feels really good so far. Almost as if developments in technology have resulted in the procedure being even less intrusive than i remember it last time round.

The big bandage will be off later today and I am back to work tomorrow. Sitting down jobs only for the rest of the week though ...

1 comment: