Wednesday 23 February 2011

I am a number - 832061

Menopause is a funny thing, it creeps up when you're last expecting it and when mixed with a dash of mid-life crisis anything could happen. It could be worse though, as yet I have no goatee and no motorbike and posess just a healthy interest in gently pushing myself forward ... but you do have funny ideas when you get older. The vibe at the Brass Monkey over Christmas was good. It was nice to be there, outside my comfort zone and my ability level - but good that I chose to put myself there. Resolute after my experience, I decided to research the Southern XC Marathon series - which starts on April 3rd with the first event and which, 'luckily', co-incides with a mountain bike skills day with the Dirt Divas (http://www.dirtdivas.co.uk/) that Molly has booked onto. Life doesn't get much better when the jigsaw puts itself together. In preparation for another project, my British Cycling membership arrives in the form of my 'Race' card. Mmmm, love the category - Senior Silver ! So, I now get discount on my entry fees at Checkenden in the 'Grandmaster Flash' category. Better book it then.

I keep pedalling, best I can. Friday Night is the only regular weekly ride as the weekends have been full to bursting point. The singlespeed makes life interesting and fitness improves - but it needs to as there are only a few weeks to my next race (listen to me, it's only my second!) A couple of trips come out of the blue and this gave me the chance to ride the Twrych Trail at Cwm Carn and the Red / Black at Dalby over the space of a few days. Both rides finished after dark and both places were surprisingly dry and rode really well for the most part. Busy week, next week ... a new mission starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment