Tuesday 19 July 2011

Southern XC Round 4

Increased wine consumption on holiday, good living, very late flight home, no riding, minor mechanicals and general fatigue contribute to the worst 'performance' of the year at Perham Down. Of course, I could add the fact that I am not very good into the mix, but that's a bit irrelevant, because I knew that when I started.
.
What a great course though, a little bit of everything and a great shame I just didn't turn up in the right state. Bizarre that with my worst performance I get the most points - needless to say, a few of the familiar faces were missing. 
.
One race left in the series and that is the local one at Pippingford Park at the start of September, so let's make amends and get back on track with my 1% improvement.
.
No action pictures (again) - but I did find my right shoulder on the edge of someone else's action shot, taken while he was overtaking me ! 
.
Thoughts already turn towards the winter when I need to get the base training in ready for next time. I need to come out of the winter stronger. Then I need to learn how best to be in the right place, mentally and physically, for each race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment