Tuesday 27 September 2011

Southern XC Round 5

My debut season on the Cross Country race scene came to a close at the start of September, with the final event at Pippingford Park on Ashdown Forest.

This was the best course of the lot, but what a difference the torrential rain made when it came down half way round the first lap after everyone had started the race on slicks. 

I even managed to get to where the official photographer was located before he packed up and before the monsoon arrived. 


If you think I was gurning by then, you should have seen me at the end !

I didn't win anything, but finished all the races and didn't come last in any of them. I had no mechanicals and really enjoyed it. I have also been consistently competitive over the first few hundred metres at every race. At the end of the season I was seventh in the Grand Veteran Category but only because I completed all the races. 

Bring on next year.


I have a few days to try and get the ARC clean again and then pack the diving gear ready for our summer holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment