Monday 16 May 2011

In between jobs ..

With the completion of the TCL course, I am back to just riding my bike again.  
.
We had a good weekend with my two brothers and managed a couple of rides at Rutland. The first was a 'boys only' trip in order to avoid the Royal Wedding and involved a full circuit but at gentle speed.
.
.
Rest stop at Rutland - me, 'little brother' Paul, Jacko, Stacey and Carl. 
.
Jacko and Stacey had a test ride on my ASR5 and loved it. Jacko and Stacey now have ASR5's courtesy of Howard and the guys at Bromley Bike. Welcome to the Tribe dudes !
.
We were (all) back there a couple of days later for a social ride with the kids.
.
.
Lucy trying to catch Molly and (other) 'little brother' Dick.
.
The following Friday I finally met up with Chris Lamb for a ride on the Downs. We had a great evening out, until just after dusk, exploring Chris's local area around Patcham and Storrington with John Davies, another member of the South Down Cycle Club. 
.
.
Chris, me and John at the Chantry post, above Storrington, before we head home for some Java. I have several Yeti jerseys and need to start wearing some of the other ones for these photographs !
.
The next 'race' is in a couple of weeks and, even though I have been out on the bike quite a bit recently, I have spent some of that time practising, some time on very social family rides and very little time pushing it and getting fitter. The venue is Wasing and the event is also the Southern Championships, so I guess there will be a few more people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment