Friday 7 January 2011

Nothing but Rain

... for three days, so far.

As I glance out of the office window, the sun is out for the first time in over a week. I know, however, that hard on the heels of this brief respite from the crap weather, is another band of rain and sleet. This is due to arive shortly before I meet Mike and Stu at the start line for the 2011 Friday Night Ride Club meeting #1.

Over on my other desk, the green light tells me the helmet lamp is ready, the main spotlight is still charging and my body aches from the first pretty full week back at the gym (plus a sneaky road loop on Wednesday night in the rain) since November. It has to be done though and it's good to be back on it. The first month of each year sets the tone for the rest, so there can be no excuses.

Winter weapon of choice :



Saturday morning serves a healthy portion of DOMS that is quite exquisite ! We were only out for just over two hours last night as we decided on an 'easier' circuit to ease us all back into it - although Mike had already ridden to work and back ! Nothing to report, except it's harder without gears, I need some different riding techniques and it was very, very wet .. but I got up everything on FF's SS.

All in all, a good start to the year, only Jan 11th and the excess Christmas pounds have gone already and the cross training is gaining some momentum - weights and yoga last night. Legs hurt, still un-toned and I am snuffling through the tag-end of 'man-flu', but nothing to worry about.

3 comments:

  1. That paint job looks sweet!! Heading home next week for good! Maybe my life will get some normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be good for Meg, you can look after her bikes properly then ! Oh, and attend to a few other things too no doubt :-)

    Hope you have some projects lined up a bit closer to home next time ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fast Freddie, not quite sure what to say about the Yeti coloured ride so I won't ... Glad to see you're thinking spring and out there. Pitiful sight here until the foot heals but still looking forward the new rides and new season. Keep up the hard work mate.

    ReplyDelete